What are the modules?¶
What are the primary executables?¶
- eth A command-line Ethereum full-node that can be controlled via RPC.
- mix An IDE for contract and user interface development, testing and deployment to the blockchain.
- solc The solidity command line compiler
- lllc The LLL command-line compiler.
Deprecated executables, to be retired soon¶
- AlethZero A Qt-based all-encompassing GUI for interacting with Ethereum (receives minimal support).
- EthKey Key management CLI.
What are the various modules?¶
AlethZero - A Qt-based GUI for interacting with Ethereum. Receives minimal support.
- libethereum - Modules related to the Ethereum part of web3, i.e. consensus engine, blockchain download, virtual machine.
- ethkey: stand-alone key management
- ethminer: stand-alone ethash miner
- ethvm: stand-alone EVM execution utility
- evmjit: library for the EVM just-in-time compiler
- libethash: ethash mining POW algorithm implementation
- libethash-cl: ethash mining code for GPU mining (OpenCL)
- libethashseal: generic wrapper around the POW block seal engine. Also contains the genesis states for all ethash-based chains.
- libethcore: collection of core data structures and concepts
- libethereum: main consensus engine (minus EVM). Includes the State and BlockChain classes.
- libevm: Ethereum Virtual Machine implementation (interpreter).
- libevmasm: EVM assembly tools, also contains the optimizer.
- libevmcore: elementary data structures of the EVM, opcodes, gas costs, ...
- liblll: Low-level LISP-like Language compiler & assembler.
- libnatspec: natspec script evaluator (confirmation messages)
- libtestutils: utilities for testing code
- lllc: LLL compiler commandline interface
- libweb3core - Web3 core libraries, networking, encoding, decoding, basic data structures.
- bench: trie benchmarking
- libdevcore: data structures, utilities, rlp, trie, memory db
- libdevcrypto: crypto primitives. Depends on libsecp256k1 and libcrypto++.
- libp2p: core peer to peer networking implementation (excluding specific sub-protocols)
- rlp: stand-alone rlp en-/decoder
mix - Dapp IDE
- solidity - Solidity compiler
- docs: documentation, appears at http://solidity.readthedocs.org/
- libsolidity: actual implementation
- analysis: reference resolution, type checking, ... (builds up the annotations for the AST)
- ast: abstract syntax tree and type system
- codegen: assembly code generation from annotated AST
- formal: formal verification
- interface: external interface for users of libsolidity
- parsing: parser (creates the non-annotated AST)
- solc: commandline compiler
- webthree - actual client / node implementation (“eth”)
- eth: commandline client / node
- libjsengine: underlying engine for libjsconsole, to be removed
- libweb3jsonrpc: json-rpc server-side endpoint, provides http and IPC (unix socket, windows pipe) connectors
- libwebthree: service connectors for ethereum, swarm/ipfs and whisper.
- libwhisper: whisper implementation
- webthree-helpers - build system and some external dependencies
cmake: cmake files for build system, contains specification of inter-dependencies
- utils: external dependencies
- json_spirit: JSON parser written for Boost’s Spirit library.
- libscrypt: scrypt implementation
- secp256k1: implementation of the SECP 256k1 ECDSA signing algorithm.